Thursday, October 14, 2010

Theres always gonna be another mountain.

Today, oh gosh.. today. Although we did not physically get much accomplished, we made progress as a group. Usually when we work together, everything goes smoothly and perfectly. Today we all had a huge problem with how we were going to make the title and what colors to use. It seems silly to fight about it but when you think about how each one of us girls have leadership qualities; so it only makes sense that there will be some sort of problem. I am use to always taking charge with group projects and especially when it comes to "artsy" projects. I am strongly opinionated and it was hard for me to state my opinion and then feel like it was disregarded. I think it was really bugging me that we never have time to all meet and when we were giving a class day, we couldn't make up our minds. I did not want to seem bossy so I tried to hold back and let other people take charge but it was really hard for me. Although I am happy with the final title, I do not like how we had to act to get there. This post all seems very negative but I think I am just venting from earlier. On a more positive note, I do think this little disagreement was necessary for us girls to really come together as a group. I feel like The Climb by Miley Cyrus depicts how today went; "There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move. There's always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I'm gonna have to lose." I cant even express how true that is! We will all have problems and will want them to disappear but the only way to get rid of them is to work through them, which is what we did in class. I apologize if I got angry or frustrated today, it is just something I need to work on. I still love all of you girls and cant wait to see how all our personalities shine through on this project!

1 comment:

  1. i didnt even have to look at who posted this..miley cyrus said it all. lol
    you came up with a great title so all that debating... paid off... in a way :)

    ReplyDelete