Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adjusting!


I love working in our peer workshop group and coming together to do this project. I love working with all of you girls. You are all awesome. Today was difficult for me. Typically when I work in groups with people I am always the one that takes charge of everything, which is fine with me. I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and I like to do things my way. It does not help that I was raised an only child and never had to deal with sharing as a kid. I am not obsessive about EVERYTHING, just certain things such as things that are peeling, lines, colors and food. So it was a big accomplishment for me today when I was able to stay calm through the trifold process and let other people take over. I know that I will not always be able to get things my way through my adult life so it would be good for me to finally get used to it. When I am faced with situations where I am not in control I tend to show physical side effects; I realize this sounds very strange but I normally begin shaking. I did not experience that today. I think this project is good for me, not only to strengthen my writing, but also as a person. Thanks girls.

1 comment:

  1. I am the SAME EXACT way! It was so hard for me today and I feel like I acted childish. When I am not in control I tend to shake too!! Although it is not a violent shake, it is more of the nervous shake. When I cant control things that will affect my grade, I get really nervous and anxious. I feel like thats how I was today. Although I am glad we finally agreed on something.

    ReplyDelete